Digital Media Intern
Guitars Over Guns is seeking a digital marketing intern to work closely with our communication department in all aspects of digital marketing strategy. We are looking for a candidate to contribute his or her skills, ideas, and creativity to our team. Our intern will gain valuable experience creating digital media content and distribution strategy. If cleared with school, intern may receive course credit, as well. This internship will require 10-15 hours per week of availability for 3-6 months. The hours and tasks are flexible and the intern will be able to work from home or school.
- Create and edit video content to share on social media for various outlets.
- Assist with creation and implementation of digital media distribution.
- Assist with various graphic design projects.
- Other related social media tasks, including but not limited to research, scheduling & writing.
- Interest and knowledge in social media networks and management.
- Knowledge of videography (creating, producing, and editing).
- Proficient in Photoshop, WordPress, Illustrator, and InDesign preferred.
- Able to work independently and maintain deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Preferred majors include media management, digital communication.
Social Media Intern
Guitars Over Guns is seeking a motivated and savvy Social Media Intern. This is a non-paid internship and requires approximately 15 -20 hours per week. Flexible schedule. We are looking for an intern to assist with our social media marketing efforts, learning the ins and outs of the industry and how to make social media a productive part of overall marketing efforts.
Intern should be on track to receive a degree in Marketing, Communications, Hospitality or, but not limited to Business. Intern must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to an audience, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Intern’s overall role will be in assisting to formulate social media plans, develop content and execute accordingly. Must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
- Creating new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Ability to create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
- And other related duties
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
To apply for an internship, send resume and cover letter to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line GOGO Internship, followed by the position you are applying for. We have internship opportunities for students both in Miami and Chicago.